Saturday, February 1, 2014

Retro Saturday: Adventure Island 3 (NES) World 3

Re-branding a (non) classic blog post series!  I've decided to eliminate the "I'll Play" theme and label for these Saturday gaming posts.  On my YouTube channel, the names of the videos will be changed to "Let's Play" to fit the modern convention of play-and-narrate videos.  Looking back, "I'll Play" seems a bit weird, and I was still getting my blogging and video-making legs at that time.

I know it doesn't mean much, because most of our blog readers don't watch these videos- which is totally fine, by the way.  If this was a retro gaming blog, I'd expect the videos to have much more traffic... But this is a personal hobby and travel blog, so retro video games don't really fit the theme.  These videos are just a fun project for me, and giving myself a due date every Saturday keeps me progressing and working.  It's weird that I need a due date to play through a lot of these games, but it's easy to get distracted or discouraged in the later stages of many of these old games.  I am always glad when I finish a game for the video series, and making the videos gives me a neat sense of accomplishment- even if it isn't a physical or tangible one.

So gear up for Retro Saturday, hopefully a long-running series of game videos and thoughts on retro-video games.  This week, we continue with Adventure Island 3 for NES into World 3.  The difficulty level starts to amp up, and there's a long way to go.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we'd love to hear what you think! Comments are word verified to prevent SPAM.