Thursday, September 12, 2013

From the Yarn Basket: Road Trip Project #1

It probably doesn't need to be said, but during the epic, 7,741 mile Farewell to America road trip, Cory and I put in some serious driving time. We primarily entertained ourselves with the complete Harry Potter series on audio, but when it was my turn to be a passenger in the car, I also passed the time by yarn-crafting up a storm. First up, I finished a longer-term project that I had begun several months previously, which is a red cowl made with some gorgeous hand-dyed red wool yarn generously bestowed upon me as a Christmas gift from my sister-in-law and her now-husband. 

Red Cowl that I completed on the Farewell to America road trip


I made this lovely cowl using a Ravelry pattern called the Casu Cowl. The bulk of the cowl is made in moss stitch with a small trim of a simple lace pattern. The yarn is fairly light-weight, which means that the gauge is pretty small. In English, that means that it took a long time to complete. This made it a perfect road trip project! I completed it somewhere around the New Orleans leg of the trip, where it was far too warm to actually try it on. I wore it a couple of weeks ago here in Dublin for the first time, and it was great. It might be my new favorite! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we'd love to hear what you think! Comments are word verified to prevent SPAM.