One morning, a bright blue green streak caught my eye tangled in some thorny branches. It was a severely damaged, unloved, and abandoned landing net. The handle had broken off and much of the netting had torn away from the frame. What was left was a tattered and torn piece hanging loosely on a bent wire frame. I knew it could be mine and working again with some tender loving care.
|Sewing it up|
I abandoned the idea of sewing up the holes individually and decided to sew up around the entire frame, putting extra stitches in the damaged areas. This was the ticket- for me, at least. In the first photo, observe the fishing line stitches are doubled up and close together on the most damaged parts of the net. On the rest, I made stitches about 1/2 inch apart, just to keep the line going.
When I had gone around the whole frame, I made my (thankfully only one) tie-off. In the second photo, the tie-off is seen as the line wrapped tightly over and over around the frame and the standing line. I finished it with several overhand knots, clipped the tag, and tucked the knot pile into the netting. Beauty.