Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Great Jettison: Sweet Hobby, Man!

Another wonderful gift that we simply couldn't hold on to.  This was our wonderful Weber grill.  Cooking utensil for many a cookout.  It lived happily in the back yard, safe and covered, for the last four years.  

This grill has cooked meat, vegetables, and, most recently, housed the ceremonial fire burning all the vital documents I had scanned but didn't want to take the time to shred.  Look for the charred remains of insurance statements, doctor bills, student loan promissory notes, and other gems in the photo with lid off!

The Weber grill sits on the back patio on display before being sold on Craigslist

The buyer was very interested in the grill, even with the condition issues it was suffering.  This person had a great hobby, one of the coolest I've heard of since "documentary film collecting."  This person collected, restored and redistributed old Weber grills!

The Weber grill is without lid on display before being sold on Craigslist

What a cool hobby!  He described the porcelain lining that is nearly indestructible, even when the coating is burning and peeling.  What I saw as a dirty old grill, he saw potential in a shiny restored gem.  Someday I hope to have an hobby as cool as those of the people I have met since my craigslist crusade.  Maybe I can show up as a nameless character on someone else's blog.

Well, I guess I need to find something to do with my time in Ireland!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we'd love to hear what you think! Comments are word verified to prevent SPAM.