Tuesday, July 8, 2014

One Year in Dublin

Well, it's finally arrived. Our one-year-in-Dublin anniversary. We landed on Ireland's green shores on July 8, 2013- and boy have we come a long way since then.

I often reflect on the feelings I had during those first few weeks. Tired, disoriented, and overwhelmingly excited for the new opportunities in front of me. I am almost as nostalgic for those feelings as I am for the people and places I left back in the States!

Writing a daily blog has been a wonderful hobby and pastime for me. The employment scene is tough for someone with my skills and in my situation, so blogging (and other voluntary writing) has stepped in as my "job" for this extended interim. Knowing that even a few people find, read, and enjoy some of the posts I publish is all the motivation I need to keep the content coming and to at least parshally proofreed each post before publishing.

Because the blog is so closely tied to our expat life and our travels, it seems fitting to do a blog event to celebrate the occasion of our Dublin anniversary.

Next week (July 14-18, 2014) in recognition of our anniversary, we will be featuring a series of posts about how our perceptions, views, habits, and hobbies have changed in one short year away from our homeland.

It should be a fun series to put together and to read. Stay tuned, and thanks as always for reading!

Sincerely,


Sara and Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we'd love to hear what you think! Comments are word verified to prevent SPAM.