Monday, April 1, 2013

From the Yarn Basket: Thesis Blanket

Since Cory has been very busy sharing his latest time-wasters, I thought I'd share my own. Between a job hunt, thesis writing, and selling our house, the year so far has held a notable amount of stress. Since I find nothing more soothing than the repetition and measurable progress of a yarn craft, I have spent much time the last few months with knitting needles or a crochet hook in my hand.

I am happy to report that from the fires and turmoil of graduation anxiety, I have completed my largest single project to date. I give you....Thesis Blanket:

Crochet project made during the writing of Sara's thesis

A closer look at the granny square pattern of the Thesis Blanket

Cory sits at the computer with the Thesis Blanket draped over a chair
Thesis Blanket in action: Keeping Cory comfortable while he writes a blog post
To create Thesis Blanket, I made basic granny squares with four yarn colors and used single crochet to join the squares together. Cory helped me block the color pattern, so credit goes out to him as well.

I have also completed several much smaller projects and have a couple in the works that I will share at a later date. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. An impressive Thesis blanket. The next project should be and Irish sweater I think. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, we'd love to hear what you think! Comments are word verified to prevent SPAM.